Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC)
Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC): Entrepreneurial profit is the expression of the value of what the entrepreneur contributes to production says Joseph A. Schumpeter. As a responsible and progressive institution, GSB strives to achieve greater results by encouraging students to consider self employment as a career option and create job for others. As a part of the AICTE norms and University regulation, an active Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) is functioning at our institute and provides various meaningful inputs and increases the relevance of nurturing their own ideas, preparation of business plan, hands-on-training in Entrepreneurship which provides grounding to students’ ideas.
To organize various activities in a periodic manner through which students are exposed to entrepreneurship and its diverse dimensions.
EDC Office Bearer Composition @ GSB
KEY ACTIVITIES OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL:
- Meet the Successpreneur Programme @ every semester.
- Arranging Industrial Visits to give enough exposure to students.
- Business Ideation and Plan Sessions periodically
- Encouraging students to participate Business Plan Competition
- Submit Business Plan Proposal to various relevant Government and Non-Government bodies for funding and training.
- To involve research, consultancy, extension through inbound and outbound activities.
- Encourage the students to enroll online and offline certification programmes and meets.
- Meet the Alumni Programme (who venture into their own business)
- Business Model and its Implication – Mini Project @ Every Semester under the supervision of the qualified trainers and faculty members of GSB.
- Two Skill Development Programmes @ every semester by trained resource person.
- Encouraging Core Faculty Members and EDC members to undergo training in Entrepreneurship at EDI, Ahmedabad and so on.
- Face to Face Interaction with the budding entrepreneurs during every academic term.